Sunday, April 17, 2011

Insanity Proof

This is a blog i posted in the TBB Blog area  before i had even completed one week of insanity!


Ok so I'm a glutton for punishment....the stretchs were GREAT today but.... I just had to go and take a 3 mile run..... now... let me say this... it was silly of me to do this knowing pure cardio is tomorrow but I need to tell you guys what I found..... lol.... I haven't been on a run in over 6mths. So today was the first time in a while maybe even closer to a year. So the first mile I jogged, I was impressed that I wasn't feeling that pain or loss of breath that typically comes when you haven't run for a while. I was so beside myself I decided to do 60/120s.... ok so for those of you that don't know what this is you sprint for 60 seconds then walk for 2 minutes and keep repeating this process for a specific time frame or distance....so I did my second mile like this.... but here is the best part... insanity is doing something that most people couldn't imagine......when we are digging deep with shaun t on the dvds in our houses and sweating like crazy our bodies are developing... maybe not so much on the outside like we want at first... but after a week of insanity, when I did these 60/120s I sprinted the entire 60 seconds and was surprised it was already over......and it wasn't like a simple jog it was like I had a huge dog chasing me.... yes I'm somewhat fit... but I haven't been on a run in foreve. And EVERYTIME I go for that first run... I'm winded...so as I'm sure you all can imagine...I was beside myself with what great effect insanity was having on me already...then I jogged the last mile feeling pretty good about the whole thing.... I'm sure ill pay for it during pure cardio tomorrow but still! Talk about a kick ass feeling knowing insanity is doing what is supposed to do already. That lil engine of mine is already performing better.... I can't wait to see the results at the end

No comments: